Pregnant Or Bloated?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

stang1

A smile costs nothing :)
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me whether my minnow is pregnany or bloated please? He/she has been like this for a few days, swimming around quite happy, eating ok but occasionally getting chased my one or two of my other minnows. Thanks.

fishtanks217.jpg

Its hard to tell. Minnows do get laden with eggs so i would think that is what it is. How long have you had her and has she done this before? Any males in the tank?

I've had the minnows about 4 months or so but never noticed this before. I have 7 minnows but I'm not sure how to sex them. Any help would be much appreciated. :)

The females are generally that little bit bigger and fuller and the males are slim and more bright around their fins.

Keep an eye on her and see if she is courted and chased by the males. If she gets bigger then post back.

The females are generally that little bit bigger and fuller and the males are slim and more bright around their fins.

Keep an eye on her and see if she is courted and chased by the males. If she gets bigger then post back.

Thanks a lot Black Angel, will be keeping a close eye on her. I've just checked on them all again and I think there are 4 females and 3 males. I'll keep you posted and thanks again. :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back