Pregnant guppy

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Funkmaster

Reaction score
I read the pinned post above and even though it gave alot of info im still unsure of what i should do. I have a 55 gallon tank with a pregnant guppy...read below as i have posted what i have in the tank. I have large marble like rocks, plenty of plants, caves and crevices for fry to hide. What should I do with my pregnant jade guppy! After reading the pinned post i released her from her "cage" and let her swim about. I have several, 8, guppy fry that my neighbor dropped in my tank one day when i wasnt home as a joke and the other fish havent ate them. They were his feeders for his cichlids that didnt get ate. So basically i just want to know what you all think i should do with her. She is apparently about to pop. thanks in advance.

Funkmaster

Well, unless you want to set up a separate tank for the fry (and cycle that tank so they don't all die) than I guess you just have to go the darwinian route. Depending on how many hiding spots are in the tank (and how hungry your fish are) some of the guppy fry could live to adulthood in the community tank with no help on your part.

yeah i think thats what i will do for now on...I did a lil head count and well it looks maybe that i have 6 guppy fry now....so we will see who the strong ones will be....hopefully they will do ok.....thanks for the quick reply

Most reactions

Back