Pregnant Guppy, Internal Bleeding ?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

PlumbersMerchant

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hello, this is my first comment or topic.
I have a female guppy and she is pregnant for the first time. I have never had a pregnant fish before but due to previous topics on here i have learnt what to do.
The main reason im asking is because she appears to have been bitten on the side perhaps and now what was fry on the inside is now covered with blood, suggesting internal bleeding.

Has anybody had this before and if so did the fish give birth ??

Any advice is greately appreciated

Thanks

Could you take a picture? What other fish is she kept with?

I'm assuming you are saying her insides look red.... as it is normal for their gravid spot to turn very black.

unfortunately she has died ! pretty gutted but i may aswell try and learn as much as possible now incase one gets pregnant again.
i currently have
4 x zebra danios
5 x Harlequins
3 x neon tetra's (had 8 but the rest have disappeared ?)
2 x frog's
4 x Guppy's

What kind frogs do you have?

How old is your tank?

It is curious that your guppy seemed bitten and you've lost 5 neons. I am not myself familiar with zebra danios or most kinds of frogs. Hopefully someone else will chime in with some knowledge.

The loss of neons can possibly be otherwise explained... if you have a new tank they are not the most hardy and if they died could be quickly eaten by other fish.

ive had it up and running for a year now. always keep on top of water changes etc. Its a dwarfe alge frog (something like that, will look into it more)

Most reactions

trending

Back