pregnant guppy advice

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Rabi Siu

Reaction score
Hi all,

My guppy has been pregnant for about over a month now (I'm not exactly sure but I think it's been about that long). However, although it shows signs of wanting to give birth (running from other guppies, hiding behind floating plants, resting on the bottom of the tank for period of time), it still hasn't given birth yet. I separated it from the rest about 2 weeks ago, and the image below is what it look like as of a few days ago. All conditions in the tank are fine. It has given birth before in the same tank, same conditions, but only this time it separated it. Should I be worried that the guppy hasn't given birth yet?

Thanks
IMG_20191028_190110.jpg

She could be stressed because you separated her. I would release her back into the tank and let her be for now. If you notice her acting strange though, then it could be that she can't get the babies out for some reason.

Her behaviour is the same as when she wasn't separated though. I primarily wanted to separate her because the other males were bothering her a lot, and i also have a few angelfish in the tank. Just an update, today she started swimming back up to the surface, but whenever I get close, she gets a bit frantic and darts around. Is this a sign that she is due soon? Thoughts?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back