Pregnant Dalmatian molly

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to enter! šŸ†

Emma73525

Reaction score
Hi, I posted about 2 weeks ago asking whether anyone thought my molly was pregnant and I am pretty sure now that she is. I can see a little black dot inside her belly is this her fry? Is anyone able to tell me roughly how many weeks off she is due? Or any other thoughts? Thanks (sorry the photo isnā€™t very clear)

Attachments

• A6D475CF-8D17-43F0-8701-553E094C5BBF.jpeg
    A6D475CF-8D17-43F0-8701-553E094C5BBF.jpeg
    201.8 KB · Views: 72
Hi, I posted about 2 weeks ago asking whether anyone thought my molly was pregnant and I am pretty sure now that she is. I can see a little black dot inside her belly is this her fry? Is anyone able to tell me roughly how many weeks off she is due? Or any other thoughts? Thanks (sorry the photo isnā€™t very clear)
When a livebearer is pregnant, it's usually easy to tell with light coloured fish like your own molly. If you look on her underside there should be a darker spot called a gravid spot visible. You can also sometimes see the eggs of the fry, so this may be the case!

Keep us updated! Best of luck!

When a livebearer is pregnant, it's usually easy to tell with light coloured fish like your own molly. If you look on her underside there should be a darker spot called a gravid spot visible. You can also sometimes see the eggs of the fry, so this may be the case!

Keep us updated! Best of luck!
Hi, will keep you updated! Thanks for getting back to me, unfortunately I canā€™t see a gravid spot under my molly. There is a slightly white lump near her backside but no dark colour :/

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back