Preg Platy

Kelliet

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone can anyone tell me how long they think she has left??

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 70
It's hard to tell.  she could just be full of food... :) So I'd guess a week and a half at most.  Just keep watching for her to square off.  :)   

She defo preg I have watched her grow week by week lol she was hanging a around the top earlier today and she has the white tube by anal fin! Thank you

I'm pretty sure she's close what does everyone think? Thank you

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 56
Anyone else think she's just about ready to pop???

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 66
She's sat at the top of the tank now Away from all other fish the only prob is that I have just used aquarium sealant on the hatchery well 4 and a half hours ago do u think it will be ok to put back in the tank to put her in?? Thanks

Do not use the hatchery if the sealant is not cured.

Female livebearers are better off left in the main tank anyway.

check the instructions on the tube it can take over 24 hours to fully dry,

Id agree she is better left in the tank as well :) 

Kelliet, 

It's great that your concerned about your fish, but...we do not need the forum clogged up with multiple threads about when your platies are due to give birth. You have already been directed to threads that give you all that information.

You do not need to do anything with your pregnant fish. You do not need 'hatcheries', or breeder boxes, nor do you need to know exactly when each female is due. All you need to provide is good food and plenty of clean fresh water in a sensibly sized tank, along with plenty of live plants for the fry to hide in.

Fish have been reproducing, perfectly happily, without human intervention for many thousands of years. The best thing you can do is leave them alone to get on with it. You will, if you provide the food, space and clean water, soon have more fry than you can cope with, believe me.

Ok so maybe I'm wrong to be anxious about when my platies are due to give birth, and ok u don't need the forum full of when MY platies are going to give birth but I joined this site thinking that you shared picture ect if I wanted to just read a forum on how to know and not to actually put a picture up and ask for advice I could have just gone on google!!! Sorry to anyone I could have annoyed posting pictures!!

Nor was I, I'm just trying to get people to learn to do these things themselves, rather than just ask other people's opinion every time.

i know :) do we have a sticky thread to link kelliet to that has some information on regarding this area of the hobby :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back