Praying mantis

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

DragonScales+Doubletails

Fish Addict
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score
Hi, This is Peter my Chinese praying mantis. he jumped on my leg while I was catching garter snakes. He is a good eater and lives in a 20-long tank for now. I thought I'd share this cool find. Here he is eating a painted lady butterfly.
1662765472836.png
1662765509778.png

Congrats on the new pet!!

Just something cool I thought you might like to know. When I was up in PA I saw a praying mantis EATING A SNAKE!
The snake was sorta small but it was digging a hole through its body! I was shocked!

Congrats on the new pet!!

Just something cool I thought you might like to know. When I was up in PA I saw a praying mantis EATING A SNAKE!
The snake was sorta small but it was digging a hole through its body! I was shocked!
oof... Poor snake 😅 yeah these guys are crazy, they will eat small birds given the chance.

oof... Poor snake 😅 yeah these guys are crazy, they will eat small birds given the chance.
Geez!
One time (being a dumb 11 year old child) caught 4 tree frogs (naturally naming them all after the 4 raptors in Jurassic World) and a praying mantis. I thought that "they would be friends".... Yaaaaah... The praying mantis thought it was a snack.
I saved the frog before it was actually eaten. It had a small patch of skin missing but that was all, luckily.
So they all got set free... I was planning to keep them as pets but I'm glad I didn't cause thinking back the container I had was teensy... 😕

Geez!
One time (being a dumb 11 year old child) caught 4 tree frogs (naturally naming them all after the 4 raptors in Jurassic World) and a praying mantis. I thought that "they would be friends".... Yaaaaah... The praying mantis thought it was a snack.
I saved the frog before it was actually eaten. It had a small patch of skin missing but that was all, luckily.
So they all got set free... I was planning to keep them as pets but I'm glad I didn't cause thinking back the container I had was teensy... 😕
yeah, someone gave me some treefrogs. they cant be released though due to the risk of disease,
Oh my God!
I wonder what type of bird that was?
Did it actually snatch it out of the sky 😳
humming I think.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back