Potc 2 (dead Man's Chest)

RandomWiktor

Rabid Betta Activist
Reaction score
Well, come on now. It just broke the standing record for highest highest opening in box office history, and also broke the record for highest single day. Don't tell me no one here saw it! So, out with it guys; what did you think? I'm sure as fish lovers, you must have something to say about Davy Jones's crew of strange sea-creatures, or the giant squid. :p
I saw it with my mom on opening night and enjoyed it. I can't say it was as good as the first one, simply because sequels never top the origional. And I do think it moved in quite a different direction than the first movie, and I'm still not sure what that will ultimately mean to the characters and the continuing plot line (as there is clearly going to be a third movie). Some die-hard fans of the first might not like just how "fictional" (almost reminiscent of scifi) the latest evil enemy is, and I think little kids will find it hard to follow at first. However, the special effects were suberb, the acting was just as good as ever, the action scenes were nicely done, of course the humor was absolutely classic. Overall, I found it very entertaining, and well worth the cost of the tickets.

Loved it, loved it, loved it! Definately worth seeing if you have the time. I prefered the first one, but lets face it the first is always the best. Still very good, some hilarious scenes in it. All the actors were amazing, especially Johnny Depp ;)

I agree, I saw it on Friday afternoon. It was wicked. Well worth the money. What a way to leave a cliffhanger!!!!!

Rich

Watching Johnny Depp is always pleasureable :wub: That said I think it was a good movie, not quite as good as the first but as RW said, most sequels don't live up to the first. I do think it's one of those movies that you should watch on the big screen, it wouldn't be the same watching the Cracken come up on your TV!

The third film has already been made and they are in talks with Johny Depp for the fourth.

Ah, so they're just dragging it out so we'll go see it in record numbers after having to wait for a whole year between movies? Figures... lol

Great movie, but I hated the cliffhanger at the end! I sooooooooooooooooo badly wanna see the next one!

I actually liked it more than the first :unsure: Had more Captain Jack in it :D

Loved it!! I want to gho and see it again :lol: The fish people were a bit creepy though :lol:

I thought some of them were neat. That one guy that had the puffer fish thing all over his body creeped me out though. I got to see it a second time! Ya!

Fantastic movie! and Johnny Depp was so good in that film! he had the whole cinema laughing their heads of when he was tied to the pole and did the vault over the cliff! :lol: and it was ages ago that I watched the first one, and i wasnt really concentrating when I saw it, but apart from the very last bit, you didnt really have to see much of the first one (if any at all) to understand dead man's chest. Kiera Knightley and Orlando Bloom werent very good in this one though IMO, just something about them, but Johnny Depp was hilarious. Great film.

love it but i hate the director for leaving it the way he did also that monkey wouldnt still be immortal

I loved the first movie but even with Jonny Depp and Orlando Bloom in it I was bored! Also was I the only one not suprised by the return of Whats his face from the first one (cant remember name sorry)? Will wait and see what the 3rd and 4th are like! Still you can never beat the first movie as it was just the best and Captain Jack Sparrow well what can I say but what I wouldnt do for him :drool:

Smurfy: The monkey was still imortal as at the very end of the first movie he steals a coin from the chest again, I'm gonna have to re watch it myself as think there's a link as to why that other Captain came back in the second film!

Most reactions

Back