Possibly Sick Molly

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

KrystaK

Fish Addict
Reaction score
My Dalmatian Molly dropped 6 fry while I was on a day trip, I noticed that her eyes were sort of bulgy and cloudy looking. Not horribly so but enough that I'm worried. She isn't her normal active self, she tends to stay near the top of the tank with her fins clamped and only swim in a small area. On the bright side she did eat this morning, but normalls she's a bully at feeding time, today she just grabbed what floated by her. So I;m wondering if she had a traumatic dropping and will recover or if its something more serious....

fishies006.jpg

see what I mean about cloudy, bulgy eyes? :sad:
fishies005.jpg
She looks fine from the side, she's got her figure back, but she's all clamped up :-(

I'm leaving to go out in about an hour and I could run to the pet store and grab whatever she needs, but I need to know by then because I'm not going back out until tuesday...

Looks like pop eye; a bacterial infection caused, usually, by poor water quality. Treat with Myxazin if you can get it, or something that's for internal bacterial infections.

You'll need to look at your water quality; up your water changes, make sure you only rinse the filter gently in old tank water when you do a water change, and, most importantly, invest in a set of liquid test kits so you can moinitor your water.

It's turned into Ick :( On the bright side the other two are still fine. But It's labour day and everything is closed :( So she has to suffer tomorrow

Looks like pop eye; a bacterial infection caused, usually, by poor water quality. Treat with Myxazin if you can get it, or something that's for internal bacterial infections.

You'll need to look at your water quality; up your water changes, make sure you only rinse the filter gently in old tank water when you do a water change, and, most importantly, invest in a set of liquid test kits so you can moinitor your water.
As above.

The water doesn't look very clean in your tank from those photos. 50% water change if not more.

It's turned into Ick :(
Or...she now has ich as well; ich does not cause pop eye; they're two, unrelated illness; both due to stress and poor water quality, I'm afraid.

She's all better now :) And I've cleaned the tank and everything is much cleaner, water levels are all good

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back