Possible New Additions

June FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

rochdalemark

Reaction score
Hi to everyone here.

Me and my girlfriend are wondering what type f fish we can add to our tank, as we dont want to stick with just goldfish. We would like some unusual occupants to share the home of our current fishy friends. My girlfriend likes the idea of a small frog or two and some other peculiar occupant that can co exist with our fish and its enviroment. I like the idea of shrimp helping to keep down the mess of the goldfish and possibly some smaller type fish like minnows or some such. Im asking because I have heard some horror stories when introducing new fish when they arent compatible with the current occupants or that they in time become a problem when mature.

Could anyone suggest a few new occupants bearing in mind the above that would all get along, remember that they dont have to be beautiful just interesting. Oh and something that isnt going to grow to huge proportions

I will provide the details of what I currently have so you can suggest possible additions.

Current Fish
1 Veiltail Black Moor
1 Fantail Bubble-eye
1 Comet
All the above are around 1 1/2 to 2" including fins and get along together wery well. Had them now for 2 months

Tank Setup
I have a 75Ltr tank, we have had it now for 3 months.
A TETRATEC HT100 thermostatic heater keeping the tank at a constant 70 degrees.
An Elite Stingray 15 internal filter
An Airstone with a JAD 2.0L per min output airpump
2 Plastic plants (long stranded type)
1 Large plastic tree root system decoration.

Any help would be appreciated.

P.S if you think that the above tank setup needs some tweeking then please be free to speak your mind.. Im a beginer after all and need all the help I can get. :good:

Not smart to have a hearter in there for goldfish, sorry buddy but that heaters gotta get outta there! you could add a golden dojo/loach as they do live in cold temperature... with goldfish your pretty much stuck with them, not much can be put in the same tank... sorry to be the barer of bad news :p

Not smart to have a hearter in there for goldfish, sorry buddy but that heaters gotta get outta there! you could add a golden dojo/loach as they do live in cold temperature... with goldfish your pretty much stuck with them, not much can be put in the same tank... sorry to be the barer of bad news :p

that depends on the temparature of your climate and the temp you keep the heater at.

if you live somewhere really cold then you need a heater to keep the steady temp that goldies like. plenty of goldie keepers have heaters especially for winter.

there's a section of this forum for coldwater fish, you might be best asking in there :)

Most reactions

Back