Poplar Driftwood

Super Dude

Fish Crazy
Joined
Feb 15, 2009
Messages
206
Reaction score
0
Points
0
A few big poplar trees just got cut down behind my yard. I've managed to score all the wood. Of course, because still only a week old, it isn't suitable for aquarium use yet. I was just wondering if this type of wood will be aquarium safe after the whole drying/boiling/soaking process.

0621092127.jpg


0621092128.jpg


Sorry about the bad quality. Cell phone pics. :crazy:
 
Its appareently quick growing and quite sap abundant which would be the issue. Be great for fire wood but the sap might is not so great for your fish.
 
Not realistically sap is an oil so won't dissolve in water and baking would turn it into a resin which may seap into water. I think you should find another tree to use... Just go down to your local forest/public footpath and grab a few large branches that have completely naturally fallen down ;)
 

Most reactions

Back
Top