Plug-in Pest Controls.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Mbuna Dave

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I have been looking at these new pest controllers that plug into the mains circuit and emit a vibration through the wiring in the house.They are said to be harmless to most pets and humans are unaffected but what will they do to fish?

They are said to rid the household of nuisance pest such as spiders,rodents and many other insects that we dont want in our homes.

I have asked a supplier of `Pest-Exit` and they didnt know the answer.

So does anyone here have an answer?

Dave.

Husband had one on the farm that plugged in, the dog thought it looked like a tasty meal and he had it for his breakfast, lol.
Dont know what it would do to the fish.

I tried them before I had fish, they certainly didn't get rid of the spiders in my house!!!!

I used these a long time ago and I would say they dont work either, however, they work by using electricity to create sound waves and magnetic feilds that 'pests' are supposed to find annoying and will want to move away from. The sound is above a humans range, but some dogs can hear it well, or so the disclaimers says. If you listen really carefully next to it, you can sort of 'feel' the pulses it gives out.

Anyways, from what I understand is that sound travels a lot slower in water and so fish wouldnt be affected too much. I read a thread about loud music and how it doesnt really affect a tank too much. Still, if you are going to use them, it would be good to err on the safe side and not put one of them next to or touching the tank.

The ads make them sound like the best thing since sliced bread but you guys say they dont work,i thought it was too good to be true.
They are very popular on the telly at the moment and sound really useful but like you all say i have my doubts.
Anyone else got any opinions on these? :/

The ads make them sound like the best thing since sliced bread but you guys say they dont work,i thought it was too good to be true.
They are very popular on the telly at the moment and sound really useful but like you all say i have my doubts.

pm me a link to the said pest controller. If it's the same as mine I will post you one to see if it works for you. foc of course.

pm me a link to the said pest controller. If it's the same as mine I will post you one to see if it works for you. foc of course.

Link sent,thanks Cheffi. :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back