Plotting.... :)

tibby25731

Fish Herder
Joined
Jan 13, 2008
Messages
1,766
Reaction score
1
Points
0
Location
Manchester, England
My husband keeps saying how he would like some more large fish in our 4ft tank, 210 litres. At the moment, my baby kribs are growing out in it, and some of the residents are on ho0liday in other tanks :P And I am getting rid of my tetras at the end of the month. So, eventually, it will contain:
1 x golden spot pleco
1 x golden gourami
1 x female kribensis
2 x nannocara anomala ( though they are not keen on each other - I may move one of them to live with my guppies)
5 x giant danios
5 x peppered cories

Now my pleco makes a lot of mess, and the gourmai makes a fair bit. I do however have one of those great Eheim battery gravel vacs, which I tend to use during the week to remove any obvious poo.

Can anyone suggest any largish fish that could live in this tank? Kinda, krib size upwards really. Tank is well filtered but not overfiltered, but gets a thorough vac and water change every week without fail.
 
what are you into fish wise?

birchirs <oddballs>
severums/convicts/rainbow cichlids/blue acara/port acara/eartheaters/ so on so on<south/central american cichlids
old world cichlids
breeding pair of something
 
I'm open to ideas! However, I don't think I should have any more cichlids in there... the krib and the nannacaras are not best friends as it is!
Oh, and no breeding pairs.... I loved breeding kribs but just don't have enough space really for growing out fry!
 
The bichirs scare the hell outta me for some reason! :P And my husband has something against silver dollars - dunno why, I like them! But thanks for the suggestions... any more??
 
not keen on sharks myself, though I like the hoplo catfish! Very prehistoric looking! However, I am unsure as to what my pleco would make of him... another bottomw dweller might cause problems. My giant danios stay top to middle, i guess I need a middle dweller.....
 
not keen on sharks myself, though I like the hoplo catfish! Very prehistoric looking! However, I am unsure as to what my pleco would make of him... another bottomw dweller might cause problems. My giant danios stay top to middle, i guess I need a middle dweller.....


hehe my plecs dont have a problem with the hoplo,,,,,i have a gibbicep and a common plec / hoplo catfish and birchir / silver sharks :good:
 
and a bloody big tank too by the sound of it! LOL!
I saw a sydontis today, not sure as to exact name... but he was amazing! huge big eyes!
Also saw some platinum mollies, never been a molly fan but these looked great, might go for a group of these as I have a dark background which they would look great against! maybe mainly platinum with a few coloured ones thown in for good measure!
 

Most reactions

Back
Top