Please Look At These

10russ10

New Member
Joined
Aug 10, 2006
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Chester
:unsure:

ok so I have clean'd my tank tonight and found these can anyone help my are they good or bad

l_15ac2b8ee16a4bf7f5016a89d282f4a9.jpg

in my bucket
the rest on a piece of paper close up

l_552413de947a6bda45f08d56ef83189b.jpg

l_fe7d8983aba6138869035541437965e3.jpg

l_7389a980a99e42b3274070da75f89381.jpg
 
I'm no expert but they just like garden worms to me, shouldn't be harmful but might rot and cause an ammonia spike/higher nitrates.
Like I said, not an expert but thats what they look like to me, I'm guessing you fed them to your fish, but they ignored them and they died in the tank.
 
no I have'ent knowingly put them in there and they are living in the gravel
 
Hi 10russ10 :)

Do you feed live blackworms? About how long would you say they are? :unsure:
 
wow thats freaky they look like garden worms maybe when u bought the gravel it had eggs in it
 
looks like either live black worms or blood worms.
 
They don't look like blackworms, but more like something I've recently been turning up in batches of blackworms. That's why I asked about the size.

01-24-08bigworm2.jpg


Here it is, still mixed in with the blackworms I found it in. It's a lot bigger than they are and differently shaped too.

01-24-08bigworm1.jpg
 
Where are your blackworms originating from? I'm just about to give mine the nightly rinse & feed routine, I've got 10 more pounds coming in Thursday from California Blackworm. I'll take a closer look, but I haven't seen anything like that in them yet.
 
they are prob about 3-4cm and I havent fead them live food for at least 12months, could they have come off plants?
I did put some in a few months ago and I'm talking upto 6 months. :unsure:
 
Hi 10russ10 :)

If you have fed any live blackworms, they could be some that escaped into the substrate. They will often live for some time there. The size is about right for them.


_____
Hi Tolak :)

My corys are small, and while they eat a lot of worms for their size, it doesn't pay for me to order them online and risk shipping problems. I pick them up at the lfs, so I don't know their origin.
 
I had one of these in my tank once, Im sure it came of a plant i had just put in.

I just left it in the tank. It lived in there for quite a wile before i stoped seeing it anymore.

P.s

It didn't bring harm to any of the fish in the tank, But im not sure i would of ignored it, if i'd had that many.
 
My blackworm supplier finally got back to me on this;

Hi John
Sorry for the delay response, I was out of Calif.
Those larger worms are in fact a type of earth worm.
Most larger fish will eat them along with
the blackworms. They are around but not in large
numbers just a few here and they, Their really
nothing to worry about.

Dan
 

Most reactions

Back
Top