Please Identify Snail

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Christi_22

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi

Hope someone can identify this snail. Started off with one and now there are babies.

Doesn't look like the MTS that I have seen pics of. But also does not appear to be harmful or eat plants

Hope someone can help, sorry pic quality is not fantastic, please ignore plastic jug, long story. (although it might help in terms of size)
Thanks.

SnailID1.jpg

PS The snail is approx 3-4 months old as came in with plants, and was very tiny (has grown quite a bit)

You're right, it's not Melanoides tuberculata, but for practical purposes they probably behave the same. I think I've seen something like it before on this site, look in the section I linked you to and see if you can find it.

You're right, it's not Melanoides tuberculata, but for practical purposes they probably behave the same. I think I've seen something like it before on this site, look in the section I linked you to and see if you can find it.

#### mate lol

My German will be perfect after looking at that site!!

Its gonna be a long night

Well, I did attempt to check out the site you refer to, but being completely in German, with no pictures (well the pictures don't appear to be loading) I don't think I will be identifying my snail any time soon lol

Anyone else any ideas??

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back