Playful Guppie or Bully Guppie?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

he isn't going to try to mate with the platies (its not possible anyway). his problem is that he's, well, horny :look: , and will continue this behavior until there are a couple of females to help his work off his energy if you will. a good ratio is two females to one male (that way while one female is being chased by the male, the other gets a chance to rest :lol: )

physically, no, not unless he's slamming them into the glass. but i'd watch out for stress, they could get stressed out (if theyre hiding a lot, breathing extra hard, not eating, etc), and that could harm their health. might want to look into getting a couple of girlies for him..... provided you have good filtration, you have room for two more female guppies in there.................

Well soon I will, last night my dad and I found out our 5 gal has a leak so we are taking it back to the person who gave it to us :/ . I'll try to get him to get me that 10 gallon I've been thinking about asking for :hyper: . I'm pretty sure I'll have enough room then right?

Since I might have some pregnant guppies...any idea on where I could get one of those tanks where the mom swims around up top and once she has the babies they can go down through holes underneath where she is??? :shifty:

Most reactions

Back