Platy

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

emgclover

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hey everyone i have a feeling my platy may be pregnant! Could someone please post some pics of a pregnant platy just so i can be sure, thanx.
Also how can u tell how long a platy has been pregnant for and how long they have left?

I think this platy looks pregnant... used to have them but now I just have guppies!!
platy.jpg

Hi! :D
I have platies too! And I think she is pregnant, but she is not quite as fat as the platy above yet!! When your platy looks something like the one above move her gently to the net breeder. Feed fry finely crushed flake food! Good luck! Waiting to hear from you and fishmom how did you do.
PS. Fry is cute :wub:

Everywhere, and all plants can be used as floating plants as long as you don't dig them into the ground. :)

Hehe... I might put her in slightly earlier, pictures aren't always a great source.i still gotta fidn a cheap set-up or a set-up i can borrow for the fry :blink:

As far as when she's going to have her babies, I have one platy who I thought was going to bust about 2 weeks prior to her actually having the babies! My other female has never looked pregnant, but lo and behold, she keeps popping out fry from time to time.

I bought "Aquarium breeding grass" (plastic) for my tanks, put a little gravel on top to hold it down, and there are nice little gaps for the fry to hide in and under. It works well for them, and I prefer that to them burrowing into the gravel in the tank. The first fry I had did that, and I worried that they would get trapped.

Good luck! It's so much fun to watch the little guys! :rolleyes:

Most reactions

Back