Platy & Zebra danio in same tank

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Adhi08

Reaction score
Hi,
Today i bought 4 platy & 2 zebra and kept it in same tank. Tank size is approx. 15 gallons. Will it be good to keep them together? Or do i need to separate? And also i would like to know the Caring process of my tank.

Thanks in advance

Hi,
Today i bought 4 platy & 2 zebra and kept it in same tank. Tank size is approx. 15 gallons. Will it be good to keep them together? Or do i need to separate? And also i would like to know the Caring process of my tank.

Thanks in advance
Welcome! A few things, do you know about cycling your tank? If not there are a few problems we have to cover. Do you know the general hardness of your water? You can find it by looking up "city name water parameters". Finally, zebra danios need more room, and some friends. Something like a 29 or 55 gallon tank is better for them.

I cycled my tank as per fishless process. I thought of buying some more pair of danios. But then, thought that platy will be able to friend with danios

Platy need a 60cm x 30cm x 30 or 24" x 12" x 12" tank, so they've good swimming space. Two female to one male. And the have fry (babies) easily & lots. I currently have 9 babies growing strong in my tank from one mom over 2 months. The fry are lovely to watch. I really like the zebra Danio. Was admiring some in fish shop today. They need a 90cm/36" length tank so both my tanks are too small. As they are a schooling fish they must be in a group of 8-10.

I would recommend returning your two zebra Danio. Your tank is too small. Instead you could get some all male Endlers. They're great companion fish for platy, and like the same hard water.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back