Platy staying at top of water

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Fishymasters

Reaction score
Hi everyone, my platy is in a 30 gallon tank and has been staying at the top of the tank while the other fish are swimming around and fine. Does anyone know y he’s at the top? I turned on my air stone in case it’s oxygen and hasn’t moved. My nitrite ammonia and Nitrate levels are all 0.

Normally fish act like that if they are lacking oxygen (is your air pump working properly?), if they are hungry (do you see him eating when feeding?) Or if the fish is about to die, sometimes some signs that fish are about to die is when they stay in the surface.

Normally fish act like that if they are lacking oxygen (is your air pump working properly?), if they are hungry (do you see him eating when feeding?) Or if the fish is about to die, sometimes some signs that fish are about to die is when they stay in the surface.
Oh my pump is working fine and he used to eat but now he’s not ?. I hope he’s not going to die... any tips on how to get him to eat?

Oh my pump is working fine and he used to eat but now he’s not ?. I hope he’s not going to die... any tips on how to get him to eat?
At this point seems like he's mist likely dyimg since hes not eating anymore. How long have you had him for and also how many platys have you got?

Most reactions

Back