Platy Not Giving Birth?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Guppi32011

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi all, i have had a pregnant platy for absolutely months. She has gave birth to 1 previous batch and fell pregnant again. I see around 3-5 fry eyes in her abdomen area now which have been there for well over 2 months. I know they are fry as they are quite clear, i just don't know when she will release them??

Hi all, i have had a pregnant platy for absolutely months. She has gave birth to 1 previous batch and fell pregnant again. I see around 3-5 fry eyes in her abdomen area now which have been there for well over 2 months. I know they are fry as they are quite clear, i just don't know when she will release them??
have you tried doing a water change there is something she isn't happy about for her to drop

have you tried doing a water change there is something she isn't happy about for her to drop

i agree and make sure you have a well planted area for the fry to hide in.

i agree and make sure you have a well planted area for the fry to hide in.
My tank is well planted lots of hiding spots and i regularly do two water changes a week. I done my water change last week and my pregnant guppy gave birth shortly afterwards. So i don't know what's goin on???

just give her time. if she has lots of fry in her then it might be taking longer for them to develop.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back