Platinum Gar - extra small

Borrego

Reaction score
During a recent visit to my local aquarium store, I was shocked to find they had a tank full of what were called Platinum Gar. Just over 1" long, not much past fry stage. Very definitely gar, color to be determined as they grow.
Went home, did some research, figured out which tank they could go in. Came back a few days later and bought 2 of them. Currently eating flakes, in my 15 gallon feeder guppy birthing/holding tank. They're too small to eat any of the guppies in it!
Was hoping for some suggestions on any specific flake food to assist in the grow out process. I have thought about finely chopped up shrimp........I also have other, larger tanks available, but none of them are set up. Ideally, they would go into a 125 gallon I am setting up once they get big enough.
Any ideas or input would be greatly appreciated.

I love Gar I have two spotted/florida gars but a platinum florida gar is top of my wish list but theyre usually about £1000

Do you have any pics and do you know what typr of Gar it is?

Fantastic fish I feed mine mainly on massivore, mussels and silversides . I would try yours on prawns, mussels and silversides but get on pellets as soon as you can and when it is bigger

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back