Plastic Pieces From Fish Bag Are In My Tank Water And I Can't Get

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

pcmasterac3

Reaction score
so yesterday i bought a new fish for my 20 gallon tank and when i cut the bag open and let the water out into the net so the fish could go into the tank.... and after about an hour or so i noticed clear little plastic pieces and big plastic pieces and shreds in the water!!!! i tried doing a 50% water change but that didn't help at all!! so then i tried netting the plastic shreds out but that didn't work, so then i tried graveling the vacuum but that still didn't work!!!! and then i thought i would wait and maybe the filter would pick all the plastic pieces up,  but they just stuck to the side of the glass!!!!!! its really scary and i dont know what to do!! please help!!

If they stuck to the side of the glass, could you not have gotten them then? I'd probably be fishing them out by hand. 

Anyways, in the future, it's usually not recommended to dump the fish and the fish store water into your tank. Only the fish, none of the water, after you go through an acclimatization process. You never know how dirty the water is (depending on the store it could be pretty bad) and you don't want to be adding it to your tank. 

ETA: I don't think the plastic will harm your fish, unless they are trying to eat them. 

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back