Plants look like they have burnt edges...

ashska

New Member
Joined
Mar 31, 2021
Messages
2
Reaction score
1
Points
3
Location
UK
Please help! What is going on with my plants? My tank has been running 5 weeks now and the plants have been doing really well until a few days ago. Is this an algae issue? Plant deficiency? Lighting, co2 issue? I do 50% water changes twice a week and have a ‘clean up crew’ for livestock at the moment.

Thanks in advance for any help!
 

Attachments

  • ABE6F14D-86BE-4FA1-B97D-CEF82A532A4F.webp
    ABE6F14D-86BE-4FA1-B97D-CEF82A532A4F.webp
    82.5 KB · Views: 108
  • EFCF9CFB-DF37-450D-911B-96B685519137.webp
    EFCF9CFB-DF37-450D-911B-96B685519137.webp
    56.2 KB · Views: 132
  • 4AF196E8-3E31-4FB4-BD74-5D25BDAA6B95.webp
    4AF196E8-3E31-4FB4-BD74-5D25BDAA6B95.webp
    155.5 KB · Views: 141
Potassium deficiency, perhaps?
 

Attachments

  • plant.webp
    plant.webp
    111 KB · Views: 118
I’ve been researching similar trouble these last two weeks or so. My Java Fern are looking more n more tanned, Bacopa looking similar. All my research seems to point to a lack of Potassium as I use Seachem Flourish. They even do their own Potassium supplement.
What’s the general opinion on here?
 
Thanks for the input guys. That diagram is really useful. It's hard to tell what's going on. I thought at first it was diatoms since it is a new tank and had it before but I cant rub the brown stuff off like you can with diatoms. Judging from the diagram it looks like it could be potassium deficiency although the rest of the leaves a still a vibrant green. Phosphorus deficiency could be another possibility as the rest of the leaf is green. I use TNC complete fertiliser twice a week (when doing the water changes) so thought there should be more than enough nutrients?
 

Most reactions

Back
Top