Plants Keep Dieing

San O Fisher

Fish Crazy
Joined
Jan 2, 2008
Messages
217
Reaction score
1
Points
18
Location
US
I have a 55 gallon tank with about an inch and a half of sand. My plants, mostly swords keep dieing. My lights are on about 10-12 hours per day and I feed plant food to the water about 2-3 times per week. any advice, I like real plants but after a while I am getting sick of replacing them.

Thanks
 
how much light have you got? ie: 2 x 24watt or whatever? what plant food are you using? any root tabs or ferts in the sand?
 
The light is the normal that came with the tank. It is one bar accross on two different fixtures, and i am using a generic plant food. I have nothing in the substrate but sand. If i need some hardier plants I could go that route too, I just want to sort this out.

Should I get some more wattage bulbs? put anything in the substrate? - dont want to do that as much b/c it would probably be a hassle
 

Most reactions

Back
Top