FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Aussie_Bristle

Fish Herder
Tank of the Month 🏆
Pet of the Month 🎖️
Reaction score
Hi

can someone tell me how to plant ambulia? I have a riversand base and plant them like I usually do like my other plants but I think my Corys are knocking them and I find it floating again, is there a special way to do it or something?

I have Ambulia Limnophila Sessiliflora and a small pea gravel substrate. I use plant weights to make sure it stays where I plant it. Once it has a good root system I then remove the plant weights.

Almost impossible to get some plants to root because of the fish as you've found out. @howard_hopkinson has the best idea but even better is to plant a tank and put fish in later after all is established. That doesn't help you now but you will experience more frustration before they take root. That's why I like floating plants.

Also use weights to hold em in place till the roots take over.

I found its my goldfish that are ripping out my plant when eating it. They are now stripped and look like twigs :rofl::no:

I use plant weights to hold most of my plants in place or tie them but I have more trouble with my golden mystery snails moving my plants than my fish. I have only small fish like neon tetra in my 55 gallon tank and the only plants they seem to move are my small marimo moss balls.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back