Video Planted Haven

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Sanj

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hello, here is my 8 footer in video. Needs some improvement, im just gettign used to the camera.

Hi, thank you. No it is not hard to upkeep. I find it quite easy, larger aquariums tend to be more stable. :)

amazing! very beautiful indeed. and oh so active. must be fun to just sit and watch a tank like that. id never turn on the TV!!!
thanks for sharing
CHEERS

thats true actually, the bigger the tank the easier its seems to be, just imagining water changes though, :crazy: di

Hi, well it takes 2-3 hours a week all in all, but no buckets, i use a python to extract water and then add dechlorinator to the water flow in the aqaurium after 30 mins i add water slowly direct from tap via a hose. That part is the longest as i have to do it slowly especially in winter, temps drop from 24c down to 18-19c.

Fantastic looking tank! There are so many different fish to just sit and watch! Absolutely awesome, keep up the good work :good:

Stunning tank Sanj, It really is nice with a great selection of fish,
Who would need a t.v with this in the room
Billy,

have you had any signs of disp-laying from any rainbows?

how are you finding the blue kutubu's?

Hello stranger :), your tank is looking great. Did not realise it was that big.

Hello stranger :), your tank is looking great. Did not realise it was that big.

Hello Gill, how are you doing?

Yup there it is. I thought it was similar volume to your large tank (the one your wife knocked if i remeber correctly?)only different dimensions. thinking of going larger but might have to strengthen the floor. :D

have you had any signs of disp-laying from any rainbows?

how are you finding the blue kutubu's?

Yup lots, even some mating, but the other fish are clued up and follow closely as they are after the eggs. Very beautiful colours when the males display. Kutubus are a lovely blue, males go almost black when displaying with a bright sulfur yellow stripe down thier foreheads. Also some inter species hanky panky from the various rainbows, but if i did choose to try and get any of my rainbows to breed i would not cross them. Too much of that already happens in the hobby. Ifind the dispalying mating activity happens alot more in the morning, but it does occur throughout the day.

The blues and the boesmani are my favourite even if they are the more commonly available. The blues do not seem to grow as large as some of the others either. My largest is a Male Trifasciata followed by a couple of my male boesmanis.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back