Planted 350 Corner tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

I just realised why the pics look a bit different to the tank! The background is a picture of huge rocks......but because the tank sides are always at an angle to you (corner tank) they reflect the light and all you see is the reflection of the plants.

For some reason the camera doesnt see this - i hadnt seen the background in 2 years!

I'll need some more pics when the tall plants have filled out some more!

lights:

standard 15w X2 but the front tubes (39w) have been swapped for 2 X T5 arcadia.

BUT...thats still not much light in such a deep tank - i seem to have been lucky. two more 55w T5 compacts go in on saturday just to be sure! im actually not sure about this though - the plants grow well, pearl like lemonade and algae is not an issue - i ordered the lights some time ago.....now i wonder if it will screw things up?

Co2 is injection, undergravel heater, flurite in substrate at the start and new lot added after 12 months.

only fert is some plant grow stuff (liquid) once a week.

all levels are 0, ph is 7.2 ish despite the Co2 but its HARD water (co2 is at 20-25 ppm).......i would have to inject a bottle of gas a day to get the PH under 7!

phosphate to be check for first time this week - no idea what it is, only probs are some hair algae on a single plant - not too fussed about that - ottos dont touch it but i cant belive an amazon river doesnt have a bit of algae in places so why should i worry! :D

Wow, that is such a nice tank! I love the community tanks, they are my personal favorite. Also a very nice mix of fish. How long have you had the tank, and how many gallons is it? I wonder if those corner tanks come in a tall size?

RedShark said:
Wow, that is such a nice tank! I love the community tanks, they are my personal favorite. Also a very nice mix of fish. How long have you had the tank, and how many gallons is it? I wonder if those corner tanks come in a tall size?
had it a year......only had the recent stock of plants about 8 weeks though - it was emptied of plants prior to that to freshen it up with some new stock.

350 litres - 90 us gallons i think? and its tall enough...any more and i would strugle to reach the bottom and im 6ft 6

T

Intricate and colorful design. The ludwigia on the right is growing great. Good fish selection, algae-free, and not to mention the added technicalities of having a corner tank and the excellent photography. Practically flawless in my opinion.

That is a lovely looking tank you have, I normally don't comment that much (just enjoy browsing and learning) but I felt that with so much effort you deserve the praise, well done.

I notice the child proof lock, I also have little ones but mine are at the height where I come down in the morning to look at my fish and have to clean sticky finger prints off the glass before I can see them :D

At least the kids are interested.

Aussie_Star said:
very nice zero is always good for a planted tank, it seem to work for a while then u get massive outbreaks, would suggest to incease lighting and ferts
Too true. My low nitrates caused my BGA, hence I dose NO3 5ppm and PO4 0.2 ppm daily now!

Thanks for the comments!

my nitartes are 0......i have only 110w in there at the moment but will add 110w tonight (2x 55w T5 compact)

at the same time as upping the light should i alter the co2 (25ppm) and what else?

should i add more liquid fert than the bottle suggests???? or start dosing to raise No3?

...will be checking phosphate for first time tonight.

T

ps- kiddy lock, mine are 9, 5 and 2 so i have to deal with sticky fingers at all levels! (although the eldest are old enough to wack round the head so they do it less ;))

9 yr old drank a bottle of plant fert liquid when she was 2 so always lock the stuff up now! Also there are two externals under there, CO2 bottle and 6 digital timers.......not a good place to exploring!

just checked phosphate ...its 0, so posted some q's in PLANTED

Sorry to bring this thread back to the top (if i have) lol, but i have just purchased a trigon 350 and wondered if your hood was custom made or commercially built as it looks a hell of a lot more stable than the one supplied "also ive had to cut the rear section as to fit the external filter and airlines etc so would much prefer a solid hood that i can attatch aftermarket lighting rather than replace with the expensive stock ones when the time comes.

btw. Fantastic looking aqua scape. :good:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back