Plant Suggestions

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

o
I love the marimo mossballs. The fish love pecking things off them too, and my 2 frogs (Ronnie and Reggie) like hiding underneath them.
oh, you have African swarf frogs two, so do I. I have 4 in a species tank

o

oh, you have African swarf frogs two, so do I. I have 4 in a species tank
They are so comical. One's male and one's female, but they don't seem interested in 'getting it on'. What do you feed yours? Mine had some super-finely cut fillet steak last week. I haven't got the heart to cut up an earthworm, but they love frozen bloodworms. And massages from the filter or air stone (photo attached)!

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_1fea.JPG
    fullsizeoutput_1fea.JPG
    107.2 KB · Views: 48
mine eat frozen blood worms, daphnia, red and white mosquito larvae and protein pleats

I love the marimo mossballs. The fish love pecking things off them too, and my 2 frogs (Ronnie and Reggie) like hiding underneath them.
I agree. I already have at least 2 in all my tanks. Great nitrate absorber.

Duckweed. Lots and lots of duckweed. :lol:

I'll second the vals. Or if you're still looking once the weather warms up enough for shipping I'll give you all the hornwort you'll ever need. Or if you're near me in Ohio, I'll bring you some.
Nooo.! If you do duckweed, please, segregate it with dams to prevent it from taking over and shading the whole tank.

Your twisted sword is twisted Vallis.

Good plants to try include: Ambulia, Hygrophila polysperma and ruba/ rubra, narrow Vallis as mentioned above, an Amazon sword plant, Water Sprite.
The Water Sprite can float on the surface or be planted in the substrate.
@ Colin_T. Actually it is a Vesuvius Sword (Echinodorus Angustifolia) .

wow I learnt something new, a new plant that looks like twisted vallis but isn't. cool. :)

Pogostemon Stellatus (Octopus) makes a nice background plant. Long narrow leaves, easy and grows pretty fast. I also like Cabombas. Repens are nice but the bottom leaves tend to die if it doesnt get enough light.

If you want to have plants near the surface but floating plants don't work for you, I bought suction cups with zip ties off of amazon and I attached a variety of different anubias to them and put them on the side of the tank. My betta LOVES to hide behind the leaves and he likes to sit on them too. I got some red root floaters and after a few weeks, my mystery snails had eaten the majority of it so I was pretty disappointed since the betta liked those too.

I also love octopus, crypts, and swords.

Most reactions

trending

Back