Plant Problems

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

forever

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi All,
I seem to be getting a yellowing/browning on this plant (attached) could anyone help with what it's missing?
I am just about to start with co2 injection and EI ferts, would this fix the issues?

Attachments

• IMG_20150610_213043.jpg
    IMG_20150610_213043.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 89
Possibly.  The plant is Microsorum pteropus "Windelov," a nice decorative cultivar of the Java Fern.  This is a slow growing plant, which means less light and nutrients are required.  When the leaves of M. pteropus become transparent, it is usually due to the light being too bright.  With this cultivar, the delicate fine fronds may be the first to react.

As you intend diffused CO2 and increased nutrients, I assume you have relatively intense lighting.  Placing this plant out of the direct overhead light (floating plants work, or under the leaves of an overhanging plant) should solve the issue.

Byron.

Thanks for the reply Byron, currently have 10x 3W Cree L.E.D's (6,500K) on for 6 hours a day, I have also just brought a TMC controller with two natural daylight tiles the tank is 120 x 60, so my plan is to fade the two tiles in over and hour, then add the current light for 3 hours then switch them off and fade the tiles out...

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back