plant full of worms

corylover5

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I got a Foxtail plant about a month ago and it ended up turning completely brown and dying so I put it in a jar with fertilizer and water and I put it outside to get a lot of sunlight. The lid must have fallen off for a few days and I put it back on. I was checking on it and it's doing much better now but in the water I saw a bunch of mosquito larvae and worms I dumped out the water and killed all the mosquito larvae but the worms won't go away. How can I get rid of them before putting the plant back in my tank?

Attachments

Byron

Reaction score
I would not put the plant back if there are unidentified creatures, they could be a thread to your fish. The Foxtail will likely not grow/survive under water permanently, it is a marsh plant if memory serves me. This can cause issues in a fish tank too.

Colin_T

Reaction score
The look like caddis fly or midge larvae. They aren't normally an issue to adult fish but might eat baby fish if they can catch them.

OP
corylover5

corylover5

Fish Addict
Reaction score
I have molly fry in my tank and some are still really small so I will probably make a terrarium with the plant

trending

Members online

Most reactions - Past 7 days