What's new

plant fertilizer help

Pet of the Month Starts Now!
FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 Click here to enter! 🐰

guppy78

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi, Im getting closer to setting up my 90 litre tank with plants for a better natural enviroment for my fish, I was planning on buying some TNC complete, however when I got to the checkout I saw there was TNC lite (no nitrates or phosphate) for the same price, I think im right at guessing that this lite version would be much better for my fish?

thought id ask here before ordering :)

thanks

You are wise to ask first. There is certainly no reason to be adding phosphate, as more than sufficient for plants will come from fish food. And nitrate is not necessary, and is harmful to fish; nitrate is the so-called "safe" form of nitrogen [not strictly true], compared to ammonia/ammonium and nitrite, but plants prefer ammonium over nitrite and nitrate and in a tank with fish and decomposition of organics in the substrate there will usually be more than adequate levels of nitrogen (ammonia/ammonium).

As for the TNC generally, I believe this product came up in another thread last week and I was unable to find the ingredients, so cannot say if it is complete or not. I suspect likely not. Seachem's Flourish Comprehensive Supplement for the Planted Aquarium is complete (with less of those nutrients naturally occurring to begin with). Brightwell Aquatics FlorinMulti is another.

Most reactions

trending

Back