Placing Tank

NinjaSmurf

Devils Advocate
Joined
May 24, 2004
Messages
1,764
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I have a thirty gallon tall (i.e. 2ft H, 2ft L, 1ft W) that I would like to set up again. The problem is the stand. It is a corner stand, and the tank is not. I've had it set up on here before, but I always set it horizontially along one of the sides and put the power filter on one of the ends instead of the back of the tank.

However, I can't do that with the current set up of the room. If I put it the way I want it now I have at least two (maybe three, I forget and I'm not home right now) corners overhanging the edge of the stand by at least half an inch or more. Is it even possible to safely set it up like this, or should I just wait and see if I can get my brother to make me some sort of strong wooden top to expand the size of the stands surface?
 
I would say get a top made.
It's not worth risking a tank to cut corners

hahahaha that could almost be a joke :)
 
Yeah, that's what I figure, I just hate looking at an empty tank just sitting in my living room for a couple months now (my brother is very busy with work)
 
Why not try your own skills. Won't take much to make a strong top that slots over the existing.
 
It's not so much the skill involved, as the actual wood. He has his own business doing custom millwork and he said he'd give me the wood, but he's been super busy. Guess I'll have to pester him nicely...
 

Most reactions

Back
Top