Piranha Pond

Fool

New Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2008
Messages
27
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Oregon
I have an existing 1,500 gallon concrete pond, I got a old hot tub from my dad and custom made a filtered, heated, 1500 gallon pond. For Coy right, well my girlfriend and i go 160 bucks worth of coy and 2 days later the coons got every one of them.
I recently bought a 140 gallon aquarium. Im currently cycling the tank and figuring out whats going in it. Right now there are a few golf fish and a tin foil barb. and the way i see it thats a nice lunch for a pack of new piranha. I want to get at least 2 dozen of them but your right they will eventually outgrow the tank. So i want to put them in my pond and i have a couple things i wanna say about that. 1 is it wrong. i know its legal to own piranha but to have a big ass pond full of them? And 2 is that not the sweetest ####ing idea youve ever heard? If not sorry, different strokes for different folks. Come on guys comments and ideas...
 
I have an existing 1,500 gallon concrete pond, I got a old hot tub from my dad and custom made a filtered, heated, 1500 gallon pond. For Coy right, well my girlfriend and i go 160 bucks worth of coy and 2 days later the coons got every one of them.
I recently bought a 140 gallon aquarium. Im currently cycling the tank and figuring out whats going in it. Right now there are a few golf fish and a tin foil barb. and the way i see it thats a nice lunch for a pack of new piranha. I want to get at least 2 dozen of them but your right they will eventually outgrow the tank. So i want to put them in my pond and i have a couple things i wanna say about that. 1 is it wrong. i know its legal to own piranha but to have a big ass pond full of them? And 2 is that not the sweetest ####ing idea youve ever heard? If not sorry, different strokes for different folks. Come on guys comments and ideas...



so i read fish addicts post on piranha and decided that i had a bad good idea. But my 16 in pleco is going in the pond for sure. whats the most piranha youve seen in a 140 gallon tank?
 
Depends what you want. I assume your wanting red bellies as you say "most piranhas" right?

What are your tank dimensions? I would say you could keep 8 fully grown adults happily in that tank.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top