Pics Of Newt Tank Plz!

connorsbala

Leader Of The Seahorse's!
Reaction score
Hey,i got a fire bellied newt today Hes ontop of my filter at the moment...well all the time! I gave him a tiny lil nudge and he went into the water,and looked as though he couldnt even swim! I was kinda scared! Eventually,he calmed down,and sunk to the bottom and had a little crawl down there. Then he swam to the top again and climbed out on to the top of the filter,again!So,why is he doing this? The water level is about 7 inches,much shallower than the one at the LFS;they only had a top of some container for them to presumably clime onto...
Any advice would be appreciated. I have him/her in with a Betta and an ADF.When he was swimming around in his minute period in the water,they all seemed to get on fine.
SO please...help and show me your pics of your newt tanks,i need inspiration...mine looks bland and bare inj mind theres a betta and an african dwarf frog in there too

fire bellied newts should be mainly aquatic, and not need much land to climb on. i wouldn't worry about him so long as he is eating. is it possible he is being bullied by the other tankmates?

p.s my newt tank has a curved piece of bogwood that juts out of the water and they climb on this

I don't have any experience with keeping newts - but I just thought i'd point out this webpage to you. There is particular relevance to keeping Newts and Bettas in the 'Mixing Newts and Fish' part ;)

Caudata.org Mixing Species

Also check out the articles, there may be some inspiration for you there :)

Most reactions

Back