Piccies!

justjon

Fishaholic
Joined
Dec 29, 2007
Messages
666
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hey guys, thought i'd post some random piccies up - comments welcome, excuse the messy stain on the front - it's amazing what a flash on a camera brings up!

(can see my amano shrimp sat there like a king on the first one!) (there are four in total)
DSCF0880.JPG


DSCF0881.JPG


DSCF0882.JPG


DSCF0884.JPG


DSCF0885.JPG


DSCF0886.JPG
 
The decor and the way you have it arranged in there is very attractive.

Don't take this personally, but I gotta ask - what's with the blue and orange gravel?? Is that the colors of your fav football team or something??

Natural gravel, sand or even black gravel would make it look so good. But's that's just my opinion. Still a nice tank.
 
The gravel could be worse. Every second hand tank I have came with this retina-burning neon rainbow stuff. This is subdued enough that it doesn't really draw from the fish or decor. This is the tank in your sig? I'm not a catfish expert by a long shot, but I'm pretty sure that's not a bristlenose, it looks like a gibbi to me. Though if you're preparing for the clown loachs' eventual size, you'll probably be able to handle it, too.
 
I got a bag of mixed gravel from Wilkinsons...spent hours picking out all the orange & blue bits cos I didn't like them once i'd got some in a tank lol. Rest of the tank looks super though.
 
I've actually REGRETTED putting that gravel in since I filled it up, it looked a lot less sharp in its bags and I now wish i'd gone for sand or black gravel.

The problem is that the tank is running extremely well, and I really dont want to have to empty it all out, put new gravel in and stress all the fish & shrimp out... i'm a bit paranoid!

I guess it'll eventually get on my nerves so much that i'll cave and do it. I agree with you though guys :)
 
The LFS has them down as BN Plec - I also realise i'll need to get a bigger tank eventually, which is fine as i'm moving early next year and planning on getting a BIG tank :)
 
Thats the same as my plec what do people reckon it is please as i want to know only mine has a smooth top fin not a jagged one
 

Most reactions

Back
Top