Photos Of Tanks Wanted With Black Gravel

ryanred5

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Oct 9, 2007
Messages
128
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hi

I've decided to have black gravel in my Discus tank, but as there are a few different brands of black gravel, some stay looking shiny black in the water, others look a grey colour.

So I was wondering if owners of tanks with black gravel could post or pm me photos of the tank with the black gravel. I also need the brand of gravel used (UK peeps only).

Just out of interest has anyone got the Roman Jet Black gravel, if so, what's it like in the tank?

Thanks a lot.
 
old pic of my 15 gal with roman black gravel

e9155c7d.jpg
 
the Pettex Roman black gravel is good. I now have it in 3 out of 4 of my tanks lol.

I don't wash it either before I put it in, and it has been fine.
 
Nice tanks Lilfishie, plus the gravel looks nice and black which is what I want.

Hawkins you seem impressed with it too, so its obviously a popular gravel.

With it being a small size is it easy enough to clean, it desnt get sucked up the gravel cleaner does it?

I'm getting more and more impressed with this Roman gravel. Where is the cheapest place to buy it just out of interest?
 
It's about £1 cheaper for the 8KG bag at Pets at Home compared to my other LFS. Not much difference really.

Oh its about £9.50 at Pets at Home.

Never gets sucked up my gravel cleaner. I actually think its better than my old gravel as its smaller so it does move a bit when your hoovering so it allows the crap to get out.

Its rounded gravel as well which is a bonus.
 
ye, i had tht roman black gravel, it is brilliant but i do rather lighter looking gravels. i just gave it a quick rinse and it was perfect! i'd go with the roman brand if i were u!
 
In my small tank, ive got black sand the does actually look grey, but in my bigger tank ive got the cream coloured roman gravel and my friend got the black, no probs at all with it and the black stays black.

Its about £10 a bag from pets at home and about £3.50 for a small bag.

I would say go for it.
 
032.jpg


785.jpg


This is my black Roman gravel. As you can see in the close up it has faded slightly in around 4 months but I think it is fab!! It's so easy to vac too as the bits can move around easily letting all the dirt free. I would give it a rinse before adding it to your tank though as you do get some teeny tiny bits in the bag. I'd highly recommend it anyway!! I think I paid £8.50 a bag at my p@h!!
 
my 55 gallon...more than half is black gravel and the other is just white sand...im not a huge fan of black gravel but with the right layout its not bad...poo is kinda easy to see sometimes compared to natural


it really brings out the colors in some fish..but then so does the white sand

55.jpg
 
CCSkitten.. that is stunning!!!!
i hate threads like this, always makes me wanna rush out and make changes :lol: i have black in 1 tank and have to admit it is nice :)

013-3.jpg
 
032.jpg


785.jpg


This is my black Roman gravel. As you can see in the close up it has faded slightly in around 4 months but I think it is fab!! It's so easy to vac too as the bits can move around easily letting all the dirt free. I would give it a rinse before adding it to your tank though as you do get some teeny tiny bits in the bag. I'd highly recommend it anyway!! I think I paid £8.50 a bag at my p@h!!

Great pics Ccskitten, your tank looks brill with thegravel. Thanks for showing me the pic of your tank.

Have you any idea why the gravel has faded, is your tank in full sunlight? I wouldn't be happy getting a really black black gravel to find it went grey in 4 months.

Also did you find when you cleaned the Roman gravel before it went in your tank, that it leached a lot of black water, plus did that happen at gravel cleaning?

I just want to make sure I make the 100% right choice.

Thanks again. :)


CCSkitten.. that is stunning!!!!
i hate threads like this, always makes me wanna rush out and make changes :lol: i have black in 1 tank and have to admit it is nice :)

013-3.jpg

Hi Shelaghfishface

Have you used black gravel or black sand in your tank?

Its a nice pic thank you for showing it to me. :)
 

Most reactions

Back
Top