Petsmart

Mikaila31

Always Watching
Joined
Aug 29, 2005
Messages
3,290
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Hudson, Wisconsin USA
So I was cleaning my room, being a typical teenager it was very messy. I found a gift card for Petsmart on my floor. I don't remember where it came from but it looked old and was kinda bent. It didn't say how much was on it. Anyway a few days later I went into the nearest Petsmart and asked one of the cashiers to tell me how much was on it. The swiped it and it came up as $30, which kinda surprised me cuz I was only expecting $10-15. So I went browsing through the store, looking for supplies. I didn't really need anything the store had so I decieded to buy a bunch of fish food. Some frozen brine shrimp, hikari sinking waffers, hikari micro pellets, and some crickets(not for fish). It all rang up as $23, which I thought was really expensive, since I normally get all my supplies online. But it was a gift card so why complain.

So a couple days later after I had opened everything. I was feeding the fish, when this little voice said "Petsmart does pricematch....." :lol: . A few seconds later was me swearing and being very angery with myself. That was something I had known and had used before. I've never seen them advertise it, but Petsmart will pricematch online stores, usually with no questions asked.

I still had $7 left on the giftcard, so I decided to buy more of the Hikari micro pellets cuz they didn't really have anything else I wanted. Did a quick Google shopping seach, arranged the prices from low to high, and scrolled down the list until I found the same size bag(45g). This place came up with the lowest price of $2.90. Petsmart was charging $6.49 for it. The site IMO looks kinda iffy, and probably isn't a place I would buy from, but that doesn't matter. I printed the page out, stopped by Petsmart, grabbed the last 3 bags of mirco pellets they had. Gave the cashier the sheet.... $9.29 total :D easy as that.

So yeah, this is just to get the word out. Pricematch! Don't pay Petsmarts prices, especially if you hate them.

Oh, and this is for the betta rescuers :D or anyone who wants a betta. Use spare change :P .

Also I've always wondered, is it Pets-mart or Pet-smart?
 
If only my local Petsmart sold the Eheim Classic filter that I wanted...really wanted to do a price match on one of those, but they only sell Fluvals.
 
Yeah thats the only problem. Petsmart carries very few things I need or want. Which is why all I bought was food. Good thing it doesn't expire until 2011! and its nice that hikari actually has experiation dates on their food.
 
I need to clean up :shifty:

The story wasn't that exciting was it? :drool:

Oh wait... :blink:

Nevermind. :rolleyes:

Before I opened this thread I was totally expecting it to be about finding loads of dead and diseased fish in petsmart and hating them for their poor standards. I think really you shouldn't get so worked up about material things. It's not like you lost any money over it.
 
I knew they did price match, but they do it for all online stores? I thought it was only Online stores!
 
My bad. I meant to say:

I knew they did a price match for thier online store, but do they do a price match for other online stores?
 
Yeah they will price match other online stores not just their own.

jourdy you never know what you will find :lol:. Oh and my cleaning isn't really cleaning its just moving things from the center of the room to the edges of the room. Its not something that happens very often. When I was studying for the ACT a year ago it got really really bad and thats even by my standards, so....... I took some pictures :lol:
 
I never buy anything from Petsmart without first pricing it at their online store. Brick and Mortar vs. Internet on the same company is insane. I got a Visi-therm heater for $17.99 that in their store was $31.99, ceramic rings for $4.99 that in store were $7.99, etc. and on and on. Their brick and mortar stores are just ridiculous in their prices on some things. Never go there without checking on line first.
 
The first time I went I didn't know it either. I just bet that they'd match it since it was the same company, and if they didn't I'd still come out ahead if I just ordered it online.
 
I knew Petsmart price matched, but at Petco, I was told they don't on numerous occasions. They don't even match for their own online store prices (at least not for me anyway).

GG on finding the gift card.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top