PETA kills - the truth uncovered

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are relying on an organization who tortures and kills millions of animals every year for your source of information to explain to you why PETA is doing what it is doing. That is so backwards. Here’s a tip, trying finding some other animal rights organizations that disagree with the shelter issue and use them as a source for your crusade.

I'm not in no way getting into this argument, but YIKES :eek: Gaya, I watched some of those videos in your links (sig) and they are truly horrendous! Frighteningly sickening in fact. :crazy:
Apologies if this is an off topic comment.....

I have not read all these arguments back and forth, back and forth, etc.
Quite frankly I don't care either way why they do what they do, but they are complete radicalists who make me ABSOLUTELY FURIOUS. The only thing that I would ever use them for is to throw their name around so that the folks I'm trying to accomplish something (animal mistreatment-wise) will take me seriously.

PETA outright disgusts me. For instance... take a peek at this video...
http://www.petatv.com/tvpopup/video.asp?vi...r=wm&speed=_med

Be warned, it is rather disturbing and shows dead, skinned animals.
They're using dead, skinned animals in a protest to have people not kill and skin animals. DEAD, SKINNED ANIMALS. Does this make any freakin' sense?

They make me so mad my heart pumps and I shake.
Believe me, if I could start some sort of organization that would pick up as much steam as their psychotic network has, I would - and I would make it an ethical, safe haven for any animal - ANY animal. I'd have networks world-wide and every single animal on this earth that needed help would be given the chance to live out a normal life in as close to their natural environment as possible. Unfortunately, there just isn't any hope for something like that any time soon, so I'll just keep trying to do my best and drag more sickly bettas home when I can. We can't save them all, but we sure do make a diff to the ones we do save.

Oh please gaya...
if you want to disagree with me over peta and prove me wrong then do it...
YOUR war against the industry has nothing to do with PETA!

When I complain about people spreading false info about fish I don't try to bring in my religious convictions or my opinion on the gov..I try to provide the correct info on fish...NOT on any other subject as you have done over and over and OVER in this thread.

YOU have an agenda against the industry and are completely taking a thread on PETA off course .

Take your war on the industry elsewhere...this is about PETA not hamburgers.

Thank you again for your rude,condescending comments and for completely derailing my thread.

PETA...NOT the industry!

BettaMomma said:
I have not read all these arguments back and forth, back and forth, etc.
Quite frankly I don't care either way why they do what they do, but they are complete radicalists who make me ABSOLUTELY FURIOUS. The only thing that I would ever use them for is to throw their name around so that the folks I'm trying to accomplish something (animal mistreatment-wise) will take me seriously.

PETA outright disgusts me. For instance... take a peek at this video...
http://www.petatv.com/tvpopup/video.asp?vi...r=wm&speed=_med

Be warned, it is rather disturbing and shows dead, skinned animals.
They're using dead, skinned animals in a protest to have people not kill and skin animals. DEAD, SKINNED ANIMALS. Does this make any freakin' sense?

They make me so mad my heart pumps and I shake.
Believe me, if I could start some sort of organization that would pick up as much steam as their psychotic network has, I would - and I would make it an ethical, safe haven for any animal - ANY animal. I'd have networks world-wide and every single animal on this earth that needed help would be given the chance to live out a normal life in as close to their natural environment as possible. Unfortunately, there just isn't any hope for something like that any time soon, so I'll just keep trying to do my best and drag more sickly bettas home when I can. We can't save them all, but we sure do make a diff to the ones we do save.
and on a public street...exposing our children .How utterly pathetic.

gaya said:
Than provide a credible source for your information Blue!
Just because YOU feel it isn't credible doesn't make it so.

BlueIce said:
and on a public street...exposing our children .How utterly pathetic.
It is completely disturbing.
If my son were to ever see something like that he'd be very upset.
He's as much of an animal lover as I am. That sort of thing is just completely unnecessary and turns folks like myself away from their cause.

You know, I might just start up my own damn organization.

Gaaaahhhh!

I was looking at the brochure they give to little kids (published on their own site http://www.furisdead.com/feat-momfur.asp ). As a little kid, that would have traumatized me horrendously, I've no doubt giving me nightmares for years and wondering if I could trust Mom or might she do something violent to my pets or maybe even to me! I cannot support or condone any agency that stoops to these means, no matter what "good" they bring about.

I find it VERY disburbing anyway, and I'm a 30-year-old adult.

EDIT: They say in the brochure that if a kid's mom wears fur, "keep your doggie and kitty friends away from Mommy - She's an animal killer!" I'm just wondering how PETA is being honest and telling the truth by that remark. It seems to me they are exaggerating and twisting facts to push their agenda, the very thing that supposedly PETA doesn't do.

BlueIce said:
gaya said:
Than provide a credible source for your information Blue!
Just because YOU feel it isn't credible doesn't make it so.
Are you kidding? When you were in college doing research or when you did your dissertation or what ever, didn’t you need to defend it like the rest of us or did you have some special privileges or something? Having intelligent conversation and/or debate about a subject encompasses thoughtful resources. If you think your organization is a well thought out resource and you support what they stand for then how can you complain about child abuse when you support child abuse yourself? Your source commits grievous acts towards children and has been for many years. I don’t think you know that and I don’t think you would support it. So how can you know if it’s a reliable source if you know nothing of it? Though I’m starting to think that you just want to argue and you really don’t care what they stand for.

Haiku said:
I was looking at the brochure they give to little kids (published on their own site http://www.furisdead.com/feat-momfur.asp ). As a little kid, that would have traumatized me horrendously, I've no doubt giving me nightmares for years and wondering if I could trust Mom or might she do something violent to my pets or maybe even to me! I cannot support or condone any agency that stoops to these means, no matter what "good" they bring about.

I find it VERY disburbing anyway, and I'm a 30-year-old adult.
While that is very disturbing and is not a good way to tell kids about the horrible things that go on in some fur industries, this is not why this thread was made. It was made to tell others how horrible it is that PETA has to euthanize animals. I've already made my point on this, any shelter that is not a no-kill shelter has to do that. The only reason PETA gets so much publicity over this is because it's PETA. People think that since it's PETA, they are supposed to save every single animal that they come in contact with. But like I said, I'm sure if it was a no-kill shelter people would be complaining because they wont accept the animals people bring in when they come to their limit.
PETA is a large organization well known to mostly everyone and I'm sure that they get in a lot more animals than any shelter therefore they have more need to euthanize more animals than any other shelter.

They have an 85% euthanasia rate according to the records. Your shelter may get in fewer animals, but does it have an 85% euthanasia rate?

My point in posting about the brochure is because it was claimed that PETA's reports are truthful and not exaggerated the way every source against PETA is supposedly, yet that brochure seems pretty outlandish and exaggerated to me, implying someone will kill the family pets if they wear fur.

But, I told myself I wasn't going to get involved with this again, so I'm kinda mad at myself at the moment for doing so.

mm_simb it doesn't seem like this thread was created with the intention of being reasonable or realistic. It’s a poor, hysterical, ill thought out attempt to battle PETA. Not that PETA shouldn't be battled but those fighting for the cause need a better rep.

My only arguments (so to speak) with you gaya is that you continually change the subject and turn the conversation to the industry (which has nothing to do with this thread)...and the fact that you insult people to make a point. People who let their children eat KFC are not bad parents,are not idiots...people who don't agree with your opinion are still capable of putting 2 and 2 together.

PETA abuses children...daily.As their own pamphlets and videos prove.(linked above in case you haven't seen them ;) )

I think I'm through here...obviously you see nothing wrong with the way you insult and act condescending and derail ,etc etc...so I'll leave the thread to you and you can continue your war against the industry .

It’s a poor, hysterical, ill thought out attempt to battle PETA. Not that PETA shouldn't be battled but those fighting for the cause need a better rep.

and yet AGAIN...you choose to insult...tsk tsk...

FACT
PETA has an unusually high kill rate...period. No matter how many times you change the subject that fact does not change.If you can provide any docs to prove that those numbers are exaggerated..then do so...otherwise your argument is meaningless. :)

thank you and ta ta...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back