PETA kills - the truth uncovered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Opcn said:
PETA Lets dogs out inot traffic in Alaska.

Every now and then some one will come along and see a musher with the truck full of dogs and feel sorry for the dogs who sleep in there little holes for a few hours every now and then (and those dogs love there holes I've seen em scramble to get in) and then the PETA pansies will let the dogs out into raffic where they either get hit by cars, or put back after greatly stressing the musher or get lost, in which case they no longer get a diet of fresh fish and good food and medical care and a pack environment and lots of excersize.

Thanks PETA!
Where did you get this from?
I highly doubt that PETA would subject any animal to suffering. Although it may be that they euthanize animal, it's humanely euthanizing. I doubt they suffer though that.
Just know that there are many members of PETA and not everyone is going to be loyal. If anybody sees a PETA member doing animal cruelty then they should report them instead of blaming the whole organization.
Also, even if the mayority of the PETA members believe that animals should not be kept as pets I'm sure they understand that domesticated animals cannot be freed because they will definately die. But even with them wanting to free every pet in the world, I still doubt they would put them in danger. They do have care sheets for animals so I know they know that since it's impossible to free every pet they should at least better the education of these owners or future owners.

edited to better the wording

Just what happens in my city, in some cases a little forethought goes along waym knee jerk reactions are far to commonf from PETA, the road to hell is paved with good intentions isn't it.

The only thing that angers me about them is that they take their job TOO seriously. The only reason I contact them is to sick them on companies that mistreat their animals but I do not support them. I just get sick with their holier-that-thou attitude toward the treatment of animals. Not everyone is perfect...even shelters that supposedly save animals from mistreatment have their problems.

gaya said:
The fact that people are b*tching about PETA rather than the agriculture industry just goes to show you that all the monies they funnel into conning the public is working.
Actually the fact that people are complaining about peta simply proves people dislike peta ;) Let's not get our panties in a bunch and exaggerate...lol
I read something I found to be interesting and shared it... my life isn't going to revolve around it....and I didn't need to read it to know that peta and it's members are a bunch of whack jobs :)

I don't know if Peta is or isn't. I find most people to reach various levels of "whack job" in their own way, myslef included :rolleyes:. I didn't mean to hijackyour thread or anything and i totally respect you and your opionions. I've just been spending a lot of time (too much) on food politics this year and i'm wound up. I wish I could share every thing i've learned with every American in this country about political food tyranny in a short, simple way. I hate seeing them manipulate people.
:*

edit: I would also like to add that while PETA may have its share of fanatics it would be unreasonable to state that PETA was formed with the intention of hurting animals. On the other hand the organization(s) (all these sub organizations some of you have been linking exist under the one umbrella organization) you are using as a source was formed with the intention to increase profit without any regard to human health. This organization is the secular equivalent of Satan to Christians.

They didn't make up these quotes, you can even listen to the first one:

http://www.activistcash.com/organization_quotes.cfm/oid/21

They also provide pictures of the documentation of the euthanasia filled out by the president.

Also, some of the 'anti-PETA sites' are merely reprinting articles that have been published in various newspapers and publications. They did not all write the articles themselves. I don't just automatically believe anything I'm told, but I've researched about PETA for a few years now, through the internet, articles, television, and their own site. Who it's published by is not the point if the information is true. If you're skeptical about the numbers, you can download pictures of the original documentation. If you're still skeptical, I suppose you could contact the appropriate authorities in the State of Virgina to find out more, or even contact PETA themselves and ask about it? After all, wouldn't it be easy for PETA to provide proof that it's untrue if that were the case?

Ah well, suffice it to say my tendency is to believe the evidence presented.

Gaya, the Agricultural industry isn't teling us what to do, all they say is "buy food and or seeds" which is good because if we don't buy or grow our own then we die. What PETA doesn't seem to realise is that there code of ethics is not universal, there are a few universal ethics out there ones which society wouldn't be able to exist without, these include not murduring anyone unless they have wronged you majorly, Not being a hypocrit, not being a Liar, Not Stealing, Not Vandalising, Now that I think about it PETAs broken Four of these five, yet we are the Evil ones. They PAss gruesome literature out to children, taking away parental rights, yet we continue to be the Evil ones, If I wanted someone to call me Evil. Take my money and tell me whats wrong and whatsa right I would join a cult.

First of all please understand that I am not defending or promoting PETA on these issues because I have not done the research some of you have so I really donā€™t know. I can say that I am a member of PETA, I do protest animal abuse and I choose not to contribute to the suffering of animals to the very best of my ability. I donā€™t believe in bombing or smashing windows.

Haiku, the link you provided is from a tainted source. I donā€™t deny that the person in question didnā€™t say the things he did but this source is of no value. No better than Nambla or the KKK. The only statement on the page that is offensive is really only the first and they did not provide access to a link that provided a decent source. The news coverage in the Washington post is hardly a defamation of PETA itā€™s actually praise. The only information on the web that is complaining about this conference is hunting organizations and the like. The Postā€™s article is available in the archives for $3.99 if you want to read it. Just because something is on the web doesnā€™t mean it is true. Just because it is quoted on a particular website doesnā€™t mean anything either. I can very easily go to my website and quote what ever I want. Who it is published by absolutely matters otherwise how can you know what is true and what is not?

I have done extensive research on the agricultural industry, government agencies, and the center for consumer freedom. I know for a fact that they lie for their own benefit.

Opcn, you obviously didnā€™t read what I quoted in an earlier post. The USDA has great affect on what the population as a whole chooses to consume. It is so much more than what you propose. Iā€™ve recommended literature for you to read in the past and I wish you would check it out.
Again:
Another example in the 1990s was the appointment of a former president of the National Cattlemanā€™s Associating, JoAnn Smith, as chief of the USDAā€™s Food Marketing and Inspection Divisions. Two decisions made by Smith show a conflict of interest between consumers and the cattle industry. She approved the euphemistic designation ā€œfat-reduced beefā€ for bits of meat that had been processed from otherwise unusable slaughtering by-products, and she opposed an American Heart Association proposal to put a seal of approval on certain meat products that were low in fat.

This is just one example of thousands to choose from. All are publicly accessible if you are into dry reading. But the information is out there. Not from bogus websites but from actual minutes of congressional meetings and legislation passed over the past 60 years and more. The USDA was created in the late 1800ā€™s for the simple purpose of providing a resource but your premise is dated over 100 years ago.
I would bet my life that at least 50% of the adult American members on this forum have dieted at one point or another in their lifetime. An over weight person may want to choose foods that are low in fat. Smith designated processed unusable slaughtering bi-products to be low fat while refusing the American Heart Association to put their seal of approval on the products. These types of by-products are very bad for health, just as bologna is. So a person who is trying to lose weight or keep their cholesterol under control will choose the meat that says low in fat while all the while it is doing them harm.
This ā€œrealityā€ I cannot ignore. The code of ethics in the agricultural industry is what is truly disgusting and education on these issues is simply not one you can just google. It requires time and effort. The agricultural industry has broken all and more of the universal ethics you speak of. You just donā€™t know it like most of America. I wish education on these matters were a requirement for public schools but we both know that will NEVER happen.

I'm really not going to continue arguing this because I just don't have the time and energy to do so, plus there is a point where it just becomes overly redundant when debating over an internet forum. There are thousands of sources on the net, publications, and TV sources that have said the exact same things, not to mention reading some of PETA's own publications. I could post 1000 links and someone of an opposing viewpoint would find fault with every single source. I'm not here to promote the agricultural industry's agenda or anyone else's. I'm speaking out against PETA's agenda. PETA says much of the same things (in prettier language) on their own site as is posted on many of these "faulty sources." That to me is as much proof as I need. The only people, in my experience, who so strongly defend or blow off these atrocities committed by PETA are those who are members. If you are a member, I'd highly suggest you do some extensive research to where your money is really going.

Well I don't support any organization financially as I'm a poor college student. But i do volunteer my time to multiple organizations. I attend protests and the like. Not very different from what Bettamomma and others do on this forum about the poor bettas in Wal-Mart. Though i have never walked up to stranger and screamed at them for their mal treatment of animals. :D I try to educate people when i can because i am a health major and that is what my career will entail. And like you said people don't have the time to debate, or educate themselves about all of the issues and that is what health educators are for. I do not consider it arguing though. Yes you are right PETA does state numerous things on their site that people simply don't agree with. But unlike many organizations they are honest and real. None of us have to wonder where they are coming from and what their intentions are, seemingly crazy or not. It's their bluntness and honesty that gets them into so much trouble. I mentioned that I was a PETA member so you can now actually sort of know someone who is a member. A person who is contrary to the claims of your sources and who has no interest in hurting anyone.

I understand what you're saying. I mainly didn't want it to seem that the whole of my opinions regarding PETA were based on those few links I've put down here. Over the past two years, I've read lots and lots of various articles and viewpoints both from PETA and from those against PETA. I'd love to sit down and have a chat (friendly of course :)) with you in person over these things, it just gets too tiring to type on it and it's easy to misinterpret or mistake someone's tone over a forum.

There's a show on Showtime by Penn & Teller called "Bullsh**" (but not edited :p), it's basically just a show to disprove things or bring to light the truth about various issues. They actually had an entire episode devoted to PETA. It was really interesting. They do interview equally people from both sides of the issue, but of course in their presentation it's obvious what their opinions are. :p

im a firm believer that peta is the devil i dont need any other articles to notice that i get my conclusion from what they do and say they simply are evil and i dont like them and please keep food politics out of this thread that seems to be an entirely unrelated dilemma

I'd love to sit down and have a chat (friendly of course )

likewise! :)

please keep food politics out of this thread that seems to be an entirely unrelated dilemma

FYI the name of this read is "Peta Kills-the truth uncovered" food politics is what made that title possible so it's unreasonable to ignore the elephant in the room. the truth was uncovered by who? the organizations i have been talking about. while my commentaries do not include PETA bashing, they are relevant to the subject.

how did food politicsa make peta animal killers? sorry i dont see how its relevant

I'm not sure exactly How food politics is related, I was under the impression that it was brought in as an analogy.

However in responce to what was quoted by Gaya, Its a more PETA esque aproach to use every part of the Animal as apose to killing it and wasteing part isn't it, And what we know now is that the AHA is a bunch of baloney, a result of the Grain Farmers.

I think you chose the wrong instance to quote.

In regards to your peta membership, Don't you contribute financially to people whop throw paint on women, smash windows, burn down buildings, and give gruesome comic books out to little kids.

The Agriculture industry has broken all of those ethics, but thats because they are a diverse industry, As an organisation I don't think they have broken many at all, Sure they lie to sell products, but then again, everyone does, thats why we have truth in advertising laws and bueros set up to keep that in check, burning down buildings isn't going to change any of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Back