Peacock gudgeon breeding?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

Just wanted to give an update. My first male has been tucked away in his cave for about 10 days. He just came out yesterday and ate, so I knew I should be on the lookout for some fry.
I didnā€™t see them until this morning. I believe there are only 4 that made it safely up to the top of the water to hide amongst the frogbit roots. But who knows, maybe there are more in the cave. Iā€™ve fed them today with a variety of powdered things. Iā€™m hoping they make it! Theyā€™re so tiny! But I donā€™t plan to take them out or raise them in a separate tank.

Meanwhile, my second male was 4 days behind him. He went in the ā€˜caveā€™ on Wednesday. So today is 1 week. They spawned between a rock and the glass on the side of the tank, so Iā€™m getting to see the whole thing close up!

Hereā€™s a pic of the 4 babies.
That's awesome!! Congrats man! The only way I was able to raise my fry to adulthood was by moving them to a separate tank but it looks like you might have a good setup for the fry to hide from the parents lol...

There are probably more in the cave, unless the dad decided to eat them lol. Sometimes after a large water change or moving stuff around after I think all the eggs have hatched, even more come out due to the disruption lol. So definitely keep an eye out for more!! Congrats again!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back