Parrot X Black Convict

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

If ur in the US i might be interested as well, if u can get us some pictures :D (pictures of the parents would be great too)

It will be several weeks before I'll be comfortable with shipping them. I'll be able to get some pics in a few days I think. I'm starting to be able to see them from across the room. I don't have a picture of "mama" but here is a pretty close one. .
convict1.jpg
But fatter and more bright orange breeding marks. She looks very much like a fat pick convict. (the male she used to breed with and all of her sons are much prettier
Picture_544.sized.jpg
) The dad is a very nice example of black convict. I'll get actual pics up soon. I'm in NC. If you're close I'd rather meet up than ship.
BTW if anyone happens to have a high quality male or female jellybean they wanna get rid of let me know

Well, I don't think my dad would be willing to drive me down to North Carolina... :lol:

Used to live in NC, have family there, but shipping would be cheaper than gas :D Im in no hurry, i dont even have my cichlid tank set up yet. Cant wait to see pics :thumbs:

:rolleyes: The statement of meeting up was only for those within driving distance. I would never ask someone to drive hours and hours to get a fish.
The babies are starting to look very interesting. Now that they are a little bigger I can see more colors starting to come out. Some look as if they may end up pink with black stripes... If so I am keeping at least one of those. Other than that this batch is a free for all just cover the shipping. The separation experiment turned out better than expected. The separated babies actualy seem to be bigger. This might be due to the abundance of algae in that tank. (it's a tiny tank so we are using a light to maintain temp thus causing algae to grow faster than we can clean it.) I would never let algae get this bad in my normal tanks but it seems to be doing them a lot of good. I'll keep you posted.

Ok they are still too small for a pic. At least the pics don't show any detail yet. I'll keep trying as they get older. But they are now clear with black stripes and pink bellies. Mom and Dad had to be separted. He was hurting her so he is now in a tank right next to her with about half of the babies. I think I'll make a mental note that they need to separate at 5 weeks. I was afraid I would lose her before I could get him moved=(

Hey Vally I'd love to get one of your fry ^_^ they sound amazing (hopefully the pink with black stipes will stay that way), I hope you find a male JP if I knew how to sex mine I'd check the babes I have, maybe I could send you one of mine if you wanted?

Hey Vally I'd love to get one of your fry ^_^ they sound amazing (hopefully the pink with black stipes will stay that way), I hope you find a male JP if I knew how to sex mine I'd check the babes I have, maybe I could send you one of mine if you wanted?

When they get a little bigger the females should turn orange around the belly. The males should have slightly longer fins but this seems to come on a little later than the females orange. At least this has been my exp. I will gladly send you one when they are large enough. They are only about 1/3" right now but are starting to show personallity. They noticed us watching them for the first time last night. I would be forever greatful if you could send me a male. We could populate the world with undyed JPs. :D

That would be great ^_^

<- Oh the fish in my avatar is female and the blue JP I posted a pic of around here are breeding lol that makes two pairs now

That would be great ^_^

<- Oh the fish in my avatar is female and the blue JP I posted a pic of around here are breeding lol that makes two pairs now

Fabulous!!!! That's two more breeding pair that will never have their babies dyed! If I can find a good supply to match mine up with, I have a total of 4 JPs that can't be bred with each other. (Even if fish incest isn't illegal it's still gross.) By the way in case you haven't noticed I'm kind of on a personal crusade to stop the dyeing of these fish. I mean it's not like they aren't colorful enough naturally!

That would be great ^_^

Fabulous!!!! That's two more breeding pair that will never have their babies dyed! If I can find a good supply to match mine up with, I have a total of 4 JPs that can't be bred with each other. (Even if fish incest isn't illegal it's still gross.) By the way in case you haven't noticed I'm kind of on a personal crusade to stop the dyeing of these fish. I mean it's not like they aren't colorful enough naturally!

I'm with you there I love my very Pink JP and the blue/purple tint they have in the light ^_^

JP Fry (randomly all together with some other fish) ^_^ I took advantage, though my bloods still managed to get out of it :(

Picture096.jpg

Picture097.jpg

Most reactions

Back