Parrot Fish Wont Stop Fighting

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Foxx_in_socks

Reaction score
ive got 4 parrot fish in a tank, theyre with a black ghost knife fish, a dwarf gourami, a sailfin mollie and a plec - now i know usually a gourami and a mollie wouldn't go in that tank, but ive just been lucky and they do and they get left well alone, the parrot fish however wont stop fighting with each other. i bought 2 of them recently and it seems to be the old ones fighting the new ones, i'm sure this is to do with territory but is there anything that can be done about it???
thanx

You might also want to consider their feeding patterns. Fish that aren't as hungry have a tendency not to fight. Also, what are the sexes of the fish in question? Not sure if any of that info will help, but it's worth an examination.

~WeeMan~

parrots dont have big teeth so they cant even bite hard, just let them fight. mine fight too but theres no damage. i think its just play :)

Parrots DO have teeth and will damage each other.

Try moving around the ornaments in the tank and see if that helps at all.. Try to mix it up so they all have different territories to claim as their own.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back