Panda Coreadors catfish

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Sea_Monster87

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I have 4 creamsickle mollys, 2 dalmation mollys, 2 sunset fire plattys, 2 guppies, 2 female swordtales, and 2 frogs in a 20 gallon tank. I was looking at fish when I fell in love :wub: with panda Coreadors (I can't spell and I think I spelled that wrong) catfish. Before I buy them (if I buy them) I wanted to know if they would go well in my tank and how many should I get?

Hi Sea Monster87 :)

Depending on the amount of filtration you have, and the size of your fish, you may be crowding your tank a bit if you add any more fish. :unsure: You will have to be the judge of that.

The problem is that corydoras, including pandas, are a schooling fish and do not thrive if they are alone with other fish. You will need to get at least 2 or 3 of them for them to be happy. On the good side, however, they are small fish and do not take up as much valuable tank space as many of the other cory cats do. Also, they are friendly fish and will get along very well with all the other fish you have.

If you want them and feel that you need to make room, I have a suggestion that might help. I have 2 Dwarf African Frogs, too, and they live quite happily and safely in a one gallon mayonnaise jar that I got from a deli. They are such delicate little creatures that I'm afraid the fish in my tanks could hurt them, so I keep them apart. You might want to consider moving them to make room, if necessary.

If you get the pandas, I'm sure you will just love them. :wub: Everyone does!

if you have room, pandas are the best. and they stay small, under 2 inches, so they won't take up too much space. get at least 3 in my opinion. i have four, and i just love them. they dart about and are quite active, even during the day time.

Most reactions

Back