Paludarium

Echinoderm

New Member
Joined
Oct 3, 2009
Messages
40
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
United States
I've recently become quite interested in paludariums. I can't start one now because I'm already working on other ideas, but I would like to know more about them.

What can live in them?

Can you mix fish and aquatic animals? Maybe some puddle-dwelling fish and a tiny toad?

How about a Betta?

Maybe some tiny livebearers or tetras?

I don't know anything about other aquatic animals like frogs or salamanders.

What kind of plants and substrate?

I also do not know if there are any special heating, lighting, or filtration requirements.

Thanks
 
Useful link that has links and will answer a lot of those questions

http://freshaquarium.about.com/cs/paludriums/l/blpaludarium.htm
 
This is an interesting topic and I'll bump it up and see if anyone has any experience with this. One of the lfs I go to used to have one. It was a beautiful this to see. :D
 
For PaludariumI Beleive the best resource would be over on theplantedtank.net, alot of people have them on there with alot of interesting ideas.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top