P@h, Hamilton

LellowFish

Fishaholic
Joined
Oct 17, 2008
Messages
419
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Glasgow, Scotland
I was just wondering if anyone shops there and what they think of the staff as they are advertising for a sales assistant (I think) and I'm thinking of applying for it. I know it wouldn't be the fish section but I could always elbow my way in! :lol:

I don't know if anyone shops there but it doesn't hurt to ask, right?

End of silly question.
 
Never worked there myself, but I thought a sales assistant (general term) in P@H does everything? Fish, rodents, stocking shelves, tills etc??

Best of luck anyway mate :good:
 
I would have to find that out...I think I would do better in the fish section! I just wondered because P@H seem to advertise for aquarium staff seperatly.

Thanks for the luck!
 
i work at pets at home and its most likely the same thing as a store operative which is badically helping out on the shop floor putting delivery out once you have passed your step1 and step2 in the job then you are aloud to sell live stock until then you are only allowed to inform customers

and also you work all arouund the different sections but when i have passed my steps i will be in charge of the aquatics department :P
 
Great! Thanks for that info, foley69! :D

Informing customers is what I do best seeing as I do it all the time in my current art shop job. I surprised myself with how much I know when I went there the other day!
 
I also work in a PAH, depending on the size of the store and if they have a marine section you can work on the small animal section or the fish department both of which involve putting stock out cleaning out animals, treating them for diseases, serving customers and working the tills.

PAH have been awarded loads of employer awards and i think there a really good company to work for if you have tohe drive to do all of the training on offer. The fish courses are awsome!!!!
 
I would love to do all the training as I love all of the animals they sell, especially the fish! The only thing is, I get too attached to animals and don't know how I would handle selling them :P

Their store is massive and has a whole corner of the store for their fish, all of which look healthy apart from the betta's who appear to have the usual pet store fin rot.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top