Overcrowded?

WillyRBeek

Fish Fanatic
Joined
May 20, 2008
Messages
187
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Lawrencetown, Nova Scotia
In a fully cycled 25 gallon tank, is this too crowded, just right, or do I have room for expansion?

1 dwarf gourami
1 PN plec
6 cory's
3 black neon tetras
2 platys
2 mollys
 
I would suggest that you up he amount of tetras since they need a group or they will fin nip your other fish, such many have long fins. As for stockng I don't know If that will put you over but it's important that there in a group
 
I agree increase the number of neons, they are really in their glory in larger numbers

How many Neon's should I have? Do they like groups similar to cory's, 5-6+?

If someone can give me an answer within the next hour or so, I can get some today, as i'm going into town and will be going right by the pet store.
 
1 dwarf gourami
1 PN plec
6 cory's
6 black neon tetras
2 Male platys
2 Male mollys
 
about that, was wondering if knew about the molly's being in a slightly more brackish water? check them out in the livebearer section, you might find them being more happy and healthy. mine didnt do very well in freshwater when i kept them. good luck.
 
about that, was wondering if knew about the molly's being in a slightly more brackish water? check them out in the livebearer section, you might find them being more happy and healthy. mine didnt do very well in freshwater when i kept them. good luck.

To my understanding, Molly's and Platy's both prefer a water with a high PH. Which is great for me, as my PH is very, very high, lol.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top