Over Stocking?

bala

Fish Fanatic
Joined
Sep 4, 2009
Messages
103
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Location
Australia
Tank:
320 Litre+ (84gallons+)
152x40x50cm (5ftx16"x20")

Fish:
2x Gibbiceps Pleco (must)
2x Para Pleco (Optional)
3x Reedfish (must)
2x Fire Eel (optional)
1x Black Ghost Knife
1x Bala Shark

Over Stock or Not?
 
I think the gibbiceps may get too large for the tank, the bala shark definately will over time, for adulthood they require 800L and should be kept in groups of 4-6 as they shoal.

You may be ok with a BGKF but at 320L it would be bordering on the absolute minimum size recommended.

I'm afraid I cant help with the others as I'm not sure lol

Andy
 
1 gibbiceps no, 2 definitely not. Gibbiceps needs 6x2x2 (minimum) to house for life, you can't keep a potentially 24" fish in a 16" aquarium.

Same with the fire eels really - they get too big and you shouldn't keep 2 anyway as they are territorial.

As Andy said re: Balas and BGK - I wouldn't keep either in a tank with those dimensions.

The para plecs and reed fish will be ok though. I'd go for 1 plec and 4 reeds though as a better combination.
 
hmmm, no gibbiceps :(, :P, well i dont wanto own one and he have to live in dissapointment i wouldnt feel right so its better for both. what could u suggest i put in thre with 4 reed fish and 1 para plec?
 
If you get a big enough tank 1 gibbiceps will be fine, they are quite solitary (most plecs are unless breeding - which gibbys don't do in tanks)

How about Ctenopoma? (climbing perch) I keep these with reeds, or some smaller more peaceful (say up to 6-7") cichlids, Golden Panchax make a nice top dweller.
 

Most reactions

Back
Top