Outdoor Goldfish aquarium.

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Stan510

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I bought this 60 gallon over 20 years ago. It was the last time I bought an aquarium..like many who stop for awhile or even years,I kept stored until 2 years ago. What's fun is the the little waterfall is made of some kind of lava rock..its porous and when kept wet,it's got not just Maidenhair ferns sprouting but a tropical fern called Indian Brake Fern that I have on the property..but what odds the spores find the aquarium AND grow? Also,I have a Syngonium growing with roots and stems in the tank. Indoors,its all green leaves,outdoors it keep the silver mottling and lemon lime leaf colors.
I put in 4 Goldfish..I have two born and survived more. Goldfish are great. If our drought ends..I want a real but small,pond.

Attachments

• IMG_3904.JPG
    IMG_3904.JPG
    395.7 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_3905.JPG
    IMG_3905.JPG
    381.7 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_3909.JPG
    IMG_3909.JPG
    384.2 KB · Views: 73
I bought this 60 gallon over 20 years ago. It was the last time I bought an aquarium..like many who stop for awhile or even years,I kept stored until 2 years ago. What's fun is the the little waterfall is made of some kind of lava rock..its porous and when kept wet,it's got not just Maidenhair ferns sprouting but a tropical fern called Indian Brake Fern that I have on the property..but what odds the spores find the aquarium AND grow? Also,I have a Syngonium growing with roots and stems in the tank. Indoors,its all green leaves,outdoors it keep the silver mottling and lemon lime leaf colors.
I put in 4 Goldfish..I have two born and survived more. Goldfish are great. If our drought ends..I want a real but small,pond.
aww they are so cute
that might be small for 6 golds but i know you are trying to get a pond
for a second i thought the title was just a fancy way of saying pond
wow you guys have wild ferns?!?

Well,Its a tropical fern that does grow here in pots or in ground...but that it would beat out the many species of ferns I have in the shady backyard is interesting to a fern lover.

Beautiful aquarium, there some colorful goldfish! I thought it was gonna be a pond to, very creative to put an aquarium outside and decorate it like that. Love it.
Can you stop putting angry face emojis on all my posts? I understand you are a minor but it's actually very immature.

fwiw..I started with two small as they sell them Shubunkins and then added 2 or 3 feeder Goldfish..not even Comets,just like plain red carp you might say. Yet,the Shubunkins have really grown and the feeder not nearly as much. All fed together. Just the opposite of what you would think,right?

I have 2 Shubunkins near the same age in the same environment and bought at the same size. One is twice the size of the other. It just happens like that sometimes.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back