Out in the stix

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Rose, When you say sub base...do you mean sub base as in submarines??? ;) . I have been camping near a famous sub base in Scotland. Vas Lane near a village called Ardgarten. Very lovely place. Had many a good hours there. Plenty of wildlife of every kind! The sub base housed the nukes, they probably still do. Sea fishing was excellent. You could catch Cod as big and as long as your arm. Probably glowed in the dark too... :laugh: Would often see the subs going out at 2 in the morning, their scopes just breaking the water surface.
Many a fishermans line have also been dragged with the subs going out. Best fishing as the fish would follow the subs wake for churned up food. The base itself is well camoflaged amongst the dense forest. Surface ships from USA have been seen there and probably subs too..don't get to see those. Too sensitive.

Seeing the sub's close up is no bother the security are always catching green peace folks wandering about them. Strange thing is these lot don't really look as if they're in the navy so you think they'd get spotted sooner. lol :laugh:

Adeyc, Do you see the subs going up and down the docks? Maybe not literally, but you know what I mean. ;)

Subase as in Trident class subs among others. Dusty works on one. As to when they come and go it's with the tide.

The bears and cougars dont bother me as much as some of the people who come and go on this base. I grew up around wildlife and so it dosen't bother me at all. Rose

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back