female florida cooter - brutus
100_3531.jpg

4 new arrivals - i think all 4 females ybs, cooter and res mix
100_3738.jpg

100_3739.jpg

100_3740.jpg

100_3741.jpg

100_3742.jpg

thats 10 for now Jay, but we aren't taking anymore now until the new pond is finished, dont want to overstretch the old ponds filter with the two big turts. each turtle gets a few hours outside in a small pool to soak up some suns rays (except the two bigs one who live out full time with brutus the fc) the four newer turts all live together inside in one aquarium, sid and pinky share an aquarium, and vicki lives alone as she is one nasty turt and cant be trusted not to bite the others.
diego the big fc is daft as a brush, am sure he thinks he's a person or a dog or something, he will follow you where ever you go! dora the MM is very shy and dives for cover at the slightest thing...if shes feeling brave though she does some nice posing for the camera !

Spishkey those are absolutely super, I must get the camera out and put mine on here, although 4 rescue turts pales by you guys lol

I can say no Jay lol I dont have a spare tank anymore lol

My beloved Rocky (red eared slider) who gives me so much grief, she is a fistey old sole who would take my finger off, grumpy sourpuss but I love her.

003.jpg

This is Elyia, (red eared slider) who defies all turtle care, she loves nothing more than being petted and her shell scratched with my nails or the glass cleaner scrubby thingamy. in comparason to Rocky she is a sweetie. She is the biggest last time I measured her she was 11 1/2" shell length (I think)

007.jpg

Goldie, her shell is still a bit poor it was almost completely white over, but now she is on the right food, its comming along slowly. I dont actually know what Goldie is, I think she is a florida cooter.

005.jpg

Last but by no means least is my cheeky little Atlas (mississippi map) he is such a cutie and a poser!

008.jpg

You can still see some white marks on his shell, he came to me with Goldie, but he was not as bad.

Hope you like my little crew.

they are great star loveley turtles
is it possible to get some more pics of the florida cooter
side of the head
the carapace
the platrom
we can try and id it if you want :good:

Yeah, now I know goldie is a florida red belly :)

Jay the little un went to bed wanting to know if we were keeping the turtles you brought lol

awww bless him you could see he liked them though
we have put the pics he drew us on the fridge lol

here are our new turtles we got today
030920091254.jpg
florida red belly male
030920091255.jpg

030920091257.jpg

030920091258.jpg
yellow belly slider hybrid male
030920091259.jpg

030920091260.jpg

030920091261.jpg

Yeah, now I know goldie is a florida red belly :)

Jay the little un went to bed wanting to know if we were keeping the turtles you brought lol

hi star its marie lol
the pics of your turts dont do them any justice! thay are even more beautiful in the flesh!!! next time i might bring my big handbag and sneak them back with me lol absolutely fell in love with rocky stunning :good:

Awww thanks, i do love them to bits. Rocky is still keeping her eye closed at the mo, I think she is shedding a bit of skin because when I pick her up to check it, she opens it ok? I am glad its not just me that thinks little Atlas look girly from the front and a boy from the back lol. The little one keeps asking when we are going to see the rescue turtles lol he is driving me nuts.

I found out what was up with Kes and why she snapped at Jay, she has an abcess on her back about the size of a pea, I found it yesterday while brushing her, he must have touched it when she was turning round, she says sorry lol

p.s. Handbags are banned :lol:

lol not even an atlas sized handbag? lol

just brought our two in from the pond for the winter months and zeus has got his eye shut think hes caught it on something because his eye is slightly swollen and shut. poor mite.

yeah atlas is very confusing on what he/she is. jay says it must be a lady boy! lol.

awww bless the little one. if its anything like him wanting jay to see his tank then i feel sorry for you lol

Not even an Atlas size handbag lol

He is not as bad as when you were here, he gets like that with all visitors, the poor chap that come to service the boiler had to look at his tank too lol. He is very proud of his fish and cant wait to get a bigger tank! The little one (the one that was all shy) wants sickwids in his tank lol

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back